Due to sanitary conditions (Covid 19) the castle remains closed for an indefinite period of time.The castle accessible by shuttle bus
Haut-Koenigsbourg castle is reachable with the shuttle bus
departing from the SNCF railway station of Sélestat.The shuttle schedules
New health modalities
- Weekends and French public holidays from 1 March to 27 December 2020. (The castle is closed on 1 May and 25 December).
- Every day from 10 July to 6 September 2020 and from 17 October to 1 November 2020.
- The shuttle timetable is based on the arrival times of the TER trains from Strasbourg, Colmar, Mulhouse or Basel. See the timetables for download.
Shuttle bus fares
- Wearing a mask is mandatory for the driver.
- Wearing of the mask is compulsory for users (+11 year) in transport
- Systematic cleaning of coaches by transport companies. Cleaning will be carried out at least once a day when the coach is returned to the depot.
- Recommendation to limit the use of air-conditioning or heating in coaches as far as weather conditions allow.
- The first row of seats behind the driver will be left free.
Reduced rate at the entrance of the monument on presentation of the shuttle ticket
- 2,50€ : valid for a one-way ticket with or without connection.
- Free under 4 years.
- Adult: 7 € instead of 9 € (Offer reserved to individuals).
- 6-17 years old: 4 € instead of 5 € (Offer reserved to individuals).
The shuttle, accessible to wheelchair users
The shuttle is accessible to wheelchair users.
Reservation is recommended, please call +33 (0) 972 67 67 67 (Monday to Friday).
Information and reservation of the shuttle bus
Call +33 (0) 972 67 67 67, from Monday to Friday, for any information concerning the operation and reservation of the shuttle bus.
The shuttle bus reservation is recommended for groups and wheelchair users.
The Haut-Koenigsbourg shuttle is a line of the Réseau 67 (N°500), managed and financed by the Grand Est Region and the Department of Bas-Rhin.
The shuttle also serves Monkey Mountain, Volerie des Aigles, Kintzheim centre and Cigoland.
To see also Alsace without my car [↗]
And to know all the public transport routes in Alsace :www.fluo.eu [↗]